According to sources the Election Commission had extended time for final publication of electoral rolls in Telangana from October 8 to October 12. Meanwhile the poll panel's announcement came hours after declaring that the state will have single phase polling on December 7 to elect the new state Assembly.
Accordingly the relaxation came a day after Hyderabad High Court barred the Election Commission from publishing the revised list of electoral rolls on October 8. As per report the court directed the poll panel not to publish the electoral rolls till the hearing on a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is completed. Meanwhile the court directed the Election Commission to file a counter affidavit by Monday on the points raised by Congress leader M. Shashidhar Reddy in his petition.
Furthermore the petitioner alleged large-scale discrepancies in the state
electoral rolls. Meanwhile he claimed that the names of about 70 lakh voters
were missing from the voter list. Reports added that Hyderabad High Court took
up the hearing of the case after the Supreme Court, where the Congress leader
had originally filed his petition, had said that it would be open to the High
Court to extend the final date of publishing the electoral rolls if it found
any merit in the grievances raised by the petitioner. Moreover the Election
Commission on September 8 had announced that the final voter list will be
published on October 8 after revision of draft rolls.
Kerala daughter takes bold step for dad! Rakhi Dutta of Kerala had her father diagnosed with a very dangerous liver issue, which could even kill him and he was struggling for life and the 19 year old girl had taken all the measures and efforts to give her father the best treatment.
- Decades long rivalry ends peacefully between Mayawati & Mulayam
- Why Priyanka Chaturvedi quit Congress?
- Tamilnadu Final voter turnout was 71.87%
- This 100 year Man ready to cast his vote for Kerala LS Polls
- Will TDP have advantage over YSRCP for the big day?
- Will Rajinikanth political entry coincide with next Assembly polls?
- Should people's grievances & issues also wait till AP results are out?
- Will Jagan save the punters this time?
- Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!