Sources from Kerala stated that the voices against the Supreme Court verdict allowing women of all ages to enter the Sabarimala temple in Kerala is growing louder with each passing day. Accordingly ever since the verdict was passed on September 28, thousands of devotees from various Hindu organizations like the Nair Service Society (NSS), have taken to the streets to mark their protest against the verdict.
Recently Kerala had witnessed many such protest marches across various districts like Kottayam, Ernakulam, Alappuzha, Kannur, Thiruvananthapuram and Thrissur. Meanwhile the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had also declared a hartal in Pathanamthitta district, where the temple is situated. Furthermore the protest marches in these districts, which were lead by various Hindu organizations, witnessed the participation of hundreds of women.
Further ending a decade long battle, the Supreme
Court on September 28, in a landmark judgment, lifted the ban on the entry of
women into the famous Sabarimala temple in Kerala. Hence the court observed
that discrimination of the basis of physiological and biological factors can't
be given legitimacy, meaning women and men are equal.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!