Sources from Kerala stated that the voices against the Supreme Court verdict allowing women of all ages to enter the Sabarimala temple in Kerala is growing louder with each passing day. Accordingly ever since the verdict was passed on September 28, thousands of devotees from various Hindu organizations like the Nair Service Society (NSS), have taken to the streets to mark their protest against the verdict.
Recently Kerala had witnessed many such protest marches across various districts like Kottayam, Ernakulam, Alappuzha, Kannur, Thiruvananthapuram and Thrissur. Meanwhile the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had also declared a hartal in Pathanamthitta district, where the temple is situated. Furthermore the protest marches in these districts, which were lead by various Hindu organizations, witnessed the participation of hundreds of women.
Further ending a decade long battle, the Supreme
Court on September 28, in a landmark judgment, lifted the ban on the entry of
women into the famous Sabarimala temple in Kerala. Hence the court observed
that discrimination of the basis of physiological and biological factors can't
be given legitimacy, meaning women and men are equal.
Abhinandan, No longer in Kashmir The Indian Air Force transferred Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman due to security reasons from Srinagar airbase to another airbase in Western sector in Pakistan border. Only post few tests a decision will be made on whether Abhinandan can fly fighter jet.
- Sri Lanka bans WhatsApp, Facebook
- BBMP drawn out contingency plans ahead of monsoons
- TRS know conducting Elections but not Student Exams!
- Pinarayi hits out Modis speech on Sabarimala issue
- PM offered of all possible help & assistance to Sri Lanka after Easter blast
- MK Stalin to devise strategy for 4 Assembly by-elections scheduled on May 19
- World's smallest baby boy weighing as an apple, ready for outside world
- Is Pawan Kalyan again hitting headlines for all the wrong reasons?
- When is Telangana Local Body polling planned?
- Azim Premji History Maker Chairman of Wipro Limited
- Artisanal bread bakers order numbers almost doubled in Bengaluru
- Chief Secretary Stalls Chandrababu Government's 1000 Crore Loan
- Janasena's First Review Meeting After 10 Days of Polling
- US government taking aim at India based call centre scam industry
- Janasena Loses Its Most-Vocal TV Face