Sources from Kerala stated that the voices against the Supreme Court verdict allowing women of all ages to enter the Sabarimala temple in Kerala is growing louder with each passing day. Accordingly ever since the verdict was passed on September 28, thousands of devotees from various Hindu organizations like the Nair Service Society (NSS), have taken to the streets to mark their protest against the verdict.
Recently Kerala had witnessed many such protest marches across various districts like Kottayam, Ernakulam, Alappuzha, Kannur, Thiruvananthapuram and Thrissur. Meanwhile the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had also declared a hartal in Pathanamthitta district, where the temple is situated. Furthermore the protest marches in these districts, which were lead by various Hindu organizations, witnessed the participation of hundreds of women.
Further ending a decade long battle, the Supreme
Court on September 28, in a landmark judgment, lifted the ban on the entry of
women into the famous Sabarimala temple in Kerala. Hence the court observed
that discrimination of the basis of physiological and biological factors can't
be given legitimacy, meaning women and men are equal.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto