According to sources it was stated that Mizo weightlifting sensation claims India's first Youth Olympics gold in the Buenos Aires Youth Olympics yesterday. As per report weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga notched up India's maiden gold medal at the Youth Olympics, claiming the top honors in the men's 62 kg category here.
Reports added the 15 year old from Aizwal, who is also a world youth silver medalist, lifted a total of 274 kg (124 kg +150 kg) to finish on top in the Argentine capital on Monday night. Meanwhile the silver medal went to Turkey's Toptas Caner, who lifted 263 kg (122 kg + 141 kg), while Colombia's Villar Estiven Jose took the bronze with an effort of 260 kg (115 kg + 143 kg).
Furthermore as per report the Mizo sensation, who will turn 16 on October
26th , is being touted as the next big name in Indian weightlifting.Earlier
this year, Lalrinnunga claimed a silver (youth) and a bronze (junior) in the
Asian Championships, smashing two national records in the process.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!