According to sources it was stated that Mizo weightlifting sensation claims India's first Youth Olympics gold in the Buenos Aires Youth Olympics yesterday. As per report weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga notched up India's maiden gold medal at the Youth Olympics, claiming the top honors in the men's 62 kg category here.
Reports added the 15 year old from Aizwal, who is also a world youth silver medalist, lifted a total of 274 kg (124 kg +150 kg) to finish on top in the Argentine capital on Monday night. Meanwhile the silver medal went to Turkey's Toptas Caner, who lifted 263 kg (122 kg + 141 kg), while Colombia's Villar Estiven Jose took the bronze with an effort of 260 kg (115 kg + 143 kg).
Furthermore as per report the Mizo sensation, who will turn 16 on October
26th , is being touted as the next big name in Indian weightlifting.Earlier
this year, Lalrinnunga claimed a silver (youth) and a bronze (junior) in the
Asian Championships, smashing two national records in the process.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto