Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump is set to shuffle his top generals as he needs to tackle a number of huge foreign policy challenges over the coming months. As per report behind the scenes, the White House and Pentagon are looking for a new slate of senior officers to fill several key jobs with several senior military figures set to retire.
Meanwhile the Defense Secretary James Mattis is playing a central role in making recommendations for nominations that will have to be confirmed by the Senate, but there were no information on the nominations yet. Furthermore a key vacancy will be filled in early 2019, when the highly respected four-star Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, currently the vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is scheduled to retire.
Moreover as vice chairman, Selva holds significant responsibilities
overseeing highly classified nuclear weapons procedures, as well as military
oversight of billions of dollars in budgeting and new weapons acquisitions.
Further Brooks is scheduled for rotation out of South Korea in the coming
weeks, but in a potentially crucial signal, his retirement has not been
announced. Furthermore Trump also has to pick a new chairman of the joint
chiefs, the top military adviser to the president later in 2019. Moreover the
current Chairman, Gen. Joseph Dunford, is scheduled to complete his second two
year term late 2019.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto