Bhubaneshwar sources stated that with the weather office making a forecast of cyclone and likely floods in Odisha, the state government asked all the district collectors to remain alert till the situation is clearly understood and handled. Sources said “Based on the India Meteorological Department or IMD forecast, Special Relief Commissioner BP Sethi has asked the districts administration to remain alert and keep the administrative machinery in full preparedness to meet the eventuality”.
Mr. Sethi said in a letter "All officers to remain in headquarters and not to avail leave till the cyclone situation is over. District Emergency Operation Centres to function round the clock and the situation be closely monitored”. Previously the National Emergency Response Centre or NERC, under the Home Ministry, had also cautioned the Odisha government against a looming cyclonic storm in the next two to three days.
Furthermore Mr. Mohapatra said additional Director
General of the IMD, Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, told some Odia television channels
said that the pressure depression is now moving towards Odisha and Andhra
Pradesh coast. The system is likely to intensify into a deep depression on
Tuesday. Moreover HR Biswas, the director of meteorological centre in
Bhubaneswar, also confirmed that a "depression has been recorded at a
distance of around 720 km from Gopalpur coast in Odisha" and also said the
state is likely to experience wind speed up to 90 kmph due to possible cyclone.
Decades long rivalry ends peacefully between Mayawati & Mulayam Manipur sources stated that after ending decades long rivalry, SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati shared dais at an election rally here with the BSP President describing the SP patron as a "real leader" of the backwards, unlike Prime Minister Narendra Modi whom she dubbed as "farzi".
- Why Priyanka Chaturvedi quit Congress?
- Tamilnadu Final voter turnout was 71.87%
- This 100 year Man ready to cast his vote for Kerala LS Polls
- Will TDP have advantage over YSRCP for the big day?
- Will Rajinikanth political entry coincide with next Assembly polls?
- Should people's grievances & issues also wait till AP results are out?
- Will Jagan save the punters this time?
- Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!