Nagpur sources stated that Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam has said Mumbai will come to a standstill and its people will not even get food to eat if the north Indian community in the metropolis decides to stop working. Meanwhile as per report the community should not be forced to take such a step, the Mumbai Congress president warned, without naming any individual or political party.
Furthermore he said the north Indian community had always expressed gratitude towards Mumbai and Maharashtra. Nirupam said at an event of north Indians said "It is the north Indian community which runs the lives of our shoulders the burden of the people of Mumbai”. Moreover Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Shatrughan Sinha also attended the event.
Hence Nirupam said the members of the north Indian
community were supplying milk, newspapers and vegetables to the people of the
megapolis, besides providing auto rickshaw and taxi services. He added "If
the community decides to stop work for a day, life in Mumbai will come to a
standstill. None will get roti (bread), vegetables, milk and auto, taxi, truck
and tempo (services). It happens sometimes, but it should not be done and the
community should not be forced to take such a step”.
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto