MDMK general secretary Vaiko has said that the TN governor Banwarilal Purohit invites people who speak derogatory of the court and police and the Chief Minister himself, and offers them feast, while the same governor gets press and media people arrested on grounds that they are anti national. Yesterday’s arrest of Nakkeeran Gopal has sent shock waves across the state, and after hearing the news, immediately Vaiko had reached the Chindadripet police station and had sought permission to meet Gopal.
But the police there had denied permission to Vaiko to meet Gopal, and following this, Vaiko said that he had come there as a lawyer, and as per law he must be allowed or else it will be a defamation of Supreme court, adding that there is a verdict itself in regard to this. However, police did not allow even then, and hence there was chaos and confusion prevailing in the area.
Later Vaiko spoke to the press
saying that Gopal is a real patriotic person, and these people are getting
people like Thirmurugan Gandhi, arrested and behave worse than POTA law, and
this looks like a warning given to media. The governor invites someone who
degrades judiciary to his house, while he gets media arrested, and this looks
like dictatorship and not democracy, said Vaiko.
Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict Sources from Rameshwaram stated that the entire coastal community of Tamilnadu was jolted by a verdict by a court in the Northern Sri Lanka, which earlier in the day imposed a hefty fine of 60 lakh on each of the eight fishermen from Thoothukudi, who were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy on August 18 last for straying into their territorial waters while fishing. Accordingly they had been lodged in Puthalam jail in Northern Sri Lanka since then.
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto
- Bengaluru ranked 216th spot by Swachh Bharat Survekshan
- Crime rate gone down in TN?
- Vishal files case
- KCR seeks 20,000 Crores for an irrigation project
- Janasena party looking for candidates..
- 600 women arrested against immigration policy by Trump
- Cops make an entry into priests rape case
- Why Yogi hestitated to wear a cap?
- Social war between TDP and YCP
- E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru