Post the sensational speech of Tamilnadu governor Banwarilal Purohit on scam in appointment of university vice chancellors, lots of events have unfolded in the TN political fraternity, including the meeting of Modi and Edappadi Palanisamy, arrest of Nakkeeran Gopal to name a few.
Political experts have said that all these events are closely interlinked. There was news initially that Banwarilal Purohit had said during his speech in T Nagar that there was scam in higher education department and that the appointments of vice chancellors were not happening in a fair transparent manner. Following this DMK president and opposition leader MK Stalin had demanded Governor to disqualify the CM and deputy CM Edapadi Palanisamy and O Pannerselvam.
Two days after this Edappadi
Palanisamy had met the PM Modi, and discussed for more than half an hour and
then Banwarilal had also refused that he had never spoken on scams in Vice
chancellors appointments, adding that it was happening in fair way. Later
there was the arrest of Nakkeeran Gopal that he published bad on the governor,
and later he was released as well. It has been said that all these events in TN
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!