Reports stated that a bus ride in Bengaluru is costlier than a bus ride in Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, New Delhi, Chennai or Pune. Meanwhile this is the result of a new study done by Bengaluru Bus Prayanikara Vedike (BBPV), which initiated a campaign urging residents of the city to call their respective MLAs and urge them to ask Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy to not hike bus fares.
Accordingly the BBPV, an organization formed in Bengaluru in 2013 to connect bus commuters, is demanding that bus fares should not be hiked and that the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) should be supported financially, like the Bengaluru Metro, so that it can provide better bus services. Moreover BBPV also highlighted its comparative study, which showed that Bengaluru's bus fares were among the highest in the country.
Furthermore as per information compiled from the
respective government reports and newspaper reports, the cost of travelling up to
5 km was found to be Rs 15. Moreover the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply &
Transport Undertaking (BEST) charges Rs 14 up to 5 km, while the Pune Mahanagar
Parivahan Mahamandal (PMPML), Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) and the
Chandigarh Transport Corporation (CTC) charge Rs 10 up to five km. Further the
BBPV also added that bus fares in the city should be reduced, and urged CM
Kumaraswamy to meet bus commuters and take suggestions on how the BMTC should
Why Women's entry restricted in Sabarimala Temple? According to sources it is a historic day in Sabarimala temple as it has opened its door to women of all ages to enter the shrine after the controversial Supreme Court verdict on September 28. Meanwhile amid growing protests and commotion, young women devotees are attempting to climb the steps of the temple. Accordingly a number of policemen have been deployed at the temple to allow safe passage for women devotees.
- WCC filed a writ petition in Kerala HC against Sexual Harassment
- Various forms of Goddess Durga
- Facts about Goddess Durga
- Why do we worship Hindu Goddess during Navaratri?
- How Durga can be embodied by women today?
- Indian Cricketer Mohammed Shami's wife joined Congress
- Central Deputy Minister resigns!
- Kohli changes BCCI rules!
- Monsoons to start soon?
- Sabarimala protest area becomes warzone!
- Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto