According to sources loans were provided without following due diligence and as a result, defaulters fled the country and the banks had no money to lend, Sitharaman said while referring to fugitive business barons like Vijay Mallya and Nirav Modi. Meanwhile Sitharaman had also held the portfolios of corporate affairs and finance and was the Minister of State (Independent Charge), Commerce and Industry.
As per report huge loans were provided by banks at the drop of a hat "when a phone call was made," by the powers that be, the minister said, addressing a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) traders’ wing meet in Chennai on Tuesday. She asked "Public and private sector banks are all facing difficulty due to this. Though policy allowed banks to provide loans, banks are not prepared to lend as they do not have money and why this happened”.
Moreover loans were provided to
"acquaintances" without any assessment, scrutiny or background check
to ascertain if the promoters could actually carry on the business and pay back
the loan and it was "crony capitalism," followed by the UPA regime. Hence
Sitharaman said the BJP led Centre has given good governance and all welfare
schemes have to be taken to the people.
Kerala daughter takes bold step for dad! Rakhi Dutta of Kerala had her father diagnosed with a very dangerous liver issue, which could even kill him and he was struggling for life and the 19 year old girl had taken all the measures and efforts to give her father the best treatment.
- Decades long rivalry ends peacefully between Mayawati & Mulayam
- Why Priyanka Chaturvedi quit Congress?
- Tamilnadu Final voter turnout was 71.87%
- This 100 year Man ready to cast his vote for Kerala LS Polls
- Will TDP have advantage over YSRCP for the big day?
- Will Rajinikanth political entry coincide with next Assembly polls?
- Should people's grievances & issues also wait till AP results are out?
- Will Jagan save the punters this time?
- Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!