As per report IT major Cognizant has reportedly laid off 200 senior employees with a severance payout of 3-4 months. Meanwhile these employees are mainly from the director level and above. Reportedly this exercise took place through July and was completed in August. Furthermore as per the report, the IT major also offered a voluntary separation scheme to 400 senior employees last year and the program this year was not voluntary.
Furthermore employees who were laid off were asked to sign a release agreement, which stated that they acknowledge that no legal action will be taken against the company or its directors or its officers. Meanwhile in fact, the layoffs were reported on August 3 that Cognizant said it would look at cutting senior level jobs, because of which the company would incur as much as $35 million in severance costs.
Moreover at the time, Raj Mehta, president at Cognizant, told ET in an
interview that this layoff, which unline last year isn’t voluntary, is targeted
towards senior executives, which would allow its associates to grow. Hence with
digitalization and emerging technologies coming into play, the IT industry has
been seeing layoffs over the past year or two and there were media reports last
year that a staggering 56,000 techies could be fired.
E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season As per report with major e-commerce festive season sales coming to a close, the industry has generated sales of around Rs 15,000 crore ($2.3 billion), according to RedSeer Consulting’s estimates. Meanwhile this is a 64% growth over last year, where e-commerce companies clocked sales worth $1.4 billion.
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru
- Will Gajwel people make KCR win?
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump