The enforcement directorate has blocked properties worth nearly 54 crores belonging to Karthi Chidambaram, the son of former central minister P Chidambaram. This action has been taken with regards to the INX media scam case.
During the ruling of the United Progressive Alliance lead by the Congress party at the center, when P Chidambaram was the finance minister, when he was in power, an allegation has been made that he had allowed foreign investment of more 305 crores on INX Media owned by Peter Mukerjee and his wife Indrani Mukerjee, against the law.
In connection to this case, Karthi Chidambaram has been accused of helping hide the crime, and after continuous investigations conducted by the CBI and Enforcement directorate, Karthi Chidambaram was arrested on February 24, and was later released after 24 days. Now as a next step, the enforcement directorate has blocked properties worth 54 crores belonging to Karthi Chidambaram.
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!