The enforcement directorate has blocked properties worth nearly 54 crores belonging to Karthi Chidambaram, the son of former central minister P Chidambaram. This action has been taken with regards to the INX media scam case.
During the ruling of the United Progressive Alliance lead by the Congress party at the center, when P Chidambaram was the finance minister, when he was in power, an allegation has been made that he had allowed foreign investment of more 305 crores on INX Media owned by Peter Mukerjee and his wife Indrani Mukerjee, against the law.
In connection to this case, Karthi Chidambaram has been accused of helping hide the crime, and after continuous investigations conducted by the CBI and Enforcement directorate, Karthi Chidambaram was arrested on February 24, and was later released after 24 days. Now as a next step, the enforcement directorate has blocked properties worth 54 crores belonging to Karthi Chidambaram.
Tamilnadu Fishermen shocked on Sri Lanka's verdict Sources from Rameshwaram stated that the entire coastal community of Tamilnadu was jolted by a verdict by a court in the Northern Sri Lanka, which earlier in the day imposed a hefty fine of 60 lakh on each of the eight fishermen from Thoothukudi, who were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy on August 18 last for straying into their territorial waters while fishing. Accordingly they had been lodged in Puthalam jail in Northern Sri Lanka since then.
- Cyclone Titli damaged power grid in North-South Telangana corridor
- TRS Party promises to waive all loans of Farmers
- Why KCR calls Chandrababu Naidu as Sani or Ill luck?
- Uttam Kumar Reddy slammed KCR for out rightly 'copying' Congress manifesto
- Bengaluru ranked 216th spot by Swachh Bharat Survekshan
- Crime rate gone down in TN?
- Vishal files case
- KCR seeks 20,000 Crores for an irrigation project
- Janasena party looking for candidates..
- 600 women arrested against immigration policy by Trump
- Cops make an entry into priests rape case
- Why Yogi hestitated to wear a cap?
- Social war between TDP and YCP
- E-Commerce Firms growth in peak this festive season
- Sensor based Smart Traffic Signals to be installed in Bengaluru