Ayudha pooja falls during Maha Navaratri and it is popular only in South India mainly in Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Ayudha Puja is done on Navami Tithi during Navratri. Most of the time, it falls on Maha Navami during Navratri. Ayudha Pooja is also known as Shastra Pooja and Astra Pooja.
Historically Ayudha Pooja was meant to worship weapons but in its present form all sort of instruments are worshiped on the very same day. In South India it is a day when craftsmen worship their tools and instruments similar to Vishwakarma Pooja in other parts of India. In its modern form Ayudha Pooja has become Vahana Pooja when people worship their vehicles including cars, scooters, and motor bikes. During Vahana Pooja all sort of vehicles, which are in use, are decorated with vermilion, garlands, mango leaves and banana sapling and worshiped.
Most significantly during Vahana Pooja a white pumpkin is decorated with vermilion and turmeric and smashed in front of the vehicle as a custom to get rid of all sorts of evils. In South India most calendars mark Saraswati Pooja along with Ayudha Pooja. However according to most Dharma Shastras Saraswati Pooja during Navaratri is suggested during Purva Ashadha Nakshatra.
KCR planning something big against Naidu politically As per report ever since KCR announced that he will give a 'Return Gift' to his 'friend' Chandrababu Naidu, it has become the talking point in Andhra Pradesh. Presently political circles are abuzz that KCR would campaign in AP against Chandrababu. Meanwhile as Owaisi has already made his stand clear and ready to campaign for Jagan, it is widely speculated that KCR & KTR may do public rallies in support
- Despite promises, the intention to arrest Mallya!
- Orange alert for Andhra and Pondy!
- Rahul Gandhi, the PM Candidate!
- 50 Trains cancelled in Coastal AP due to Cyclone Phethai
- Tropical cyclone off the Coast in Australia
- KTR becomes TRS Working President
- I have strength to defeat PM: MK Stalin
- KCRs First Election Promise been fulfilled
- Bangladesh celebrated 47th Victory Day
- IMD says Cyclone Phethai was 270 km off coast of Kakinada
- Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!