San Francisco sources reported that many were using fake accounts or multiple accounts with the same names and posted massive amounts of content across a network of Groups and Pages to drive traffic to their websites, the social networking platform said late on Thursday. "Many used the same techniques to make their content appear more popular on Facebook than it really was.
Nathaniel Gleicher, Head of Cybersecurity Policy at Facebook, said in a statement “Others were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate". Meanwhile the action is part of Facebook's new policy against Pages, Groups and accounts created to stir up political debate including in the US, the Middle East, Russia and the UK. Topics like natural disasters or celebrity gossip have been popular ways to generate click bait.
As per report Facebook has also disabled accounts operated by a Russian company called SocialDataHub that the social network says scraped user data from its platform. A Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying "As part of our efforts to protect people's security, we have recently removed Social Data Hub (SDH), a Russian linked social media firm, because they were scraping people's information". The spokesperson added. In the biggest-ever security breach after Cambridge Analytica scandal, Facebook has admitted that hackers broke into nearly 50 million users' accounts by stealing their "access tokens" or digital keys.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?