Chennai sources added that the plane, with 136 passengers and crew members on-board, continued for Dubai and was eventually diverted to Mumbai after Trichy airport officials reported to the pilots that the aircraft might have come in contact with a wall. As per report nobody was hurt in the incident and the aircraft landed in Mumbai at 5:35 am after being in flight for four hours.
Air India Express said in a statement “The pilots of the aircraft have been "derostered" pending investigation”. It said "Flight IX-611 took off from Trichy for Dubai around 1.30 am Friday and it was reported by Trichy airport officials that they have observed that the aircraft might have come in contact with the airport perimeter wall. The matter was conveyed to the pilot in command. Meanwhile the pilot in command reported that the aircraft systems were operating normally”.
The airline said “It was decided to divert the aircraft to Mumbai as a precautionary measure”. Moreover the flight diverted to Mumbai and landed safely around 5.35 am in Mumbai, and taxied on its own power to the parking stand”. Furthermore it said a relief aircraft and a fresh crew was arranged to continue the flight from Mumbai to Dubai. Hence the matter has been reported to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the airline is cooperating in the investigation. Further Tamilnadu Minister Vellamandi Natrajan visited the spot and inspected the damages to the wall, adjacent to a state highway.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17