Chennai sources added that the plane, with 136 passengers and crew members on-board, continued for Dubai and was eventually diverted to Mumbai after Trichy airport officials reported to the pilots that the aircraft might have come in contact with a wall. As per report nobody was hurt in the incident and the aircraft landed in Mumbai at 5:35 am after being in flight for four hours.
Air India Express said in a statement “The pilots of the aircraft have been "derostered" pending investigation”. It said "Flight IX-611 took off from Trichy for Dubai around 1.30 am Friday and it was reported by Trichy airport officials that they have observed that the aircraft might have come in contact with the airport perimeter wall. The matter was conveyed to the pilot in command. Meanwhile the pilot in command reported that the aircraft systems were operating normally”.
The airline said “It was decided to divert the aircraft to Mumbai as a precautionary measure”. Moreover the flight diverted to Mumbai and landed safely around 5.35 am in Mumbai, and taxied on its own power to the parking stand”. Furthermore it said a relief aircraft and a fresh crew was arranged to continue the flight from Mumbai to Dubai. Hence the matter has been reported to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and the airline is cooperating in the investigation. Further Tamilnadu Minister Vellamandi Natrajan visited the spot and inspected the damages to the wall, adjacent to a state highway.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam