As per report Andhra Pradesh government has begun taking up rescue and relief measures after very severe cyclonic storm Titli unleashed havoc in the state's north coastal region and south coastal Odisha on Thursday. Meanwhile the cyclone, which claimed eight lives in Andhra Pradesh, triggered widespread rains in the two states, uprooted trees, electricity poles, communication towers, damaged houses and crops and snapped electricity supply.
Visakhapatnam Cyclone Warning Centre reported that Titli crossed between North Andhra and South Odisha coast near Palasa with wind speed of 140-150 km per hour. Meanwhile Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu visited Visakhapatnam on Thursday evening after the weather cleared and reached Srikakulam by road to review the situation on the ground. Furthermore officials said that electricity substations were also being restored on a war footing.
Moreover the crop loss is also being assessed with several hundred acres of coconut, banana and cashew nut crops hit across the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam. Further the Health Department has been kept on alert to prevent any possible outbreak of diseases. Also the coastal alert has been put at 10 the highest with fishermen prohibited from venturing into the sea for the next few days.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations