As per report Andhra Pradesh government has begun taking up rescue and relief measures after very severe cyclonic storm Titli unleashed havoc in the state's north coastal region and south coastal Odisha on Thursday. Meanwhile the cyclone, which claimed eight lives in Andhra Pradesh, triggered widespread rains in the two states, uprooted trees, electricity poles, communication towers, damaged houses and crops and snapped electricity supply.
Visakhapatnam Cyclone Warning Centre reported that Titli crossed between North Andhra and South Odisha coast near Palasa with wind speed of 140-150 km per hour. Meanwhile Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu visited Visakhapatnam on Thursday evening after the weather cleared and reached Srikakulam by road to review the situation on the ground. Furthermore officials said that electricity substations were also being restored on a war footing.
Moreover the crop loss is also being assessed with several hundred acres of coconut, banana and cashew nut crops hit across the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram and Visakhapatnam. Further the Health Department has been kept on alert to prevent any possible outbreak of diseases. Also the coastal alert has been put at 10 the highest with fishermen prohibited from venturing into the sea for the next few days.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam