According the state health department in Karnataka, over 400 cases of swine flu have been confirmed. Meanwhile the government, which plays a crucial role in addressing expected fears and concerns among people, often does not respond adequately or soon enough. Hence this leads to several myths and misconceptions, which only further aggravate the crisis.
As per report private players and quacks use these opportunities to make a quick buck and hence it is therefore important that people have access to some basic information. Moreover there are guidelines for preventing the spread of disease. Accordingly Swine flu is contagious about one day before symptoms develop to about five to seven days after symptoms develop. Meanwhile people who develop the signs and symptoms can wear a face mask so that every time they cough they are not releasing the virus into the air and putting others at risk.
Furthermore current insurance based health schemes in India are flawed because they focus more on a curative, procedure based model, but hardly any thought has been spared for prevention of disease at a primary level, controlling disease when it does occur and health promotion among people. Also health promotion is essentially about ensuring that people have adequate resources to develop their immunity and avoid many diseases in the first place.
TN govt against Gaja! The remedial measures and precautionary activities done by the Tamilnadu government have received instant appreciation and praises from people all over the state. Due to the instant action and swift measures taken by the government lots of lives have been saved, and after the Gaja cyclone attack, now rescue mission is in progress,. Gaja cyclone had crossed the sea yesterday morning at Vedaranyam between Cuddalore and Pamban
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!