Chennai sources stated that actor turned politician Kamal Hassan has ruled out an alliance with Tamilnadu's largest state parties the DMK and the AIADMK and hinted at talks for an alliance with the Indian National Congress ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
Recently in an interview with Thanthi TV, Kamal, in response to a question on a possible alliance with the Congress for the upcoming 2019 Lok Sabha elections, said, “I don't know. We have to talk to them. We have to see if it suits Tamilnadu. All he is going to ask is what good they will for the people of Tamilnadu and the evidence for whatever has been done thus far is very little”. Furthermore when stating that he needn't talk about an alliance at this point, he said he would contest in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in 2019.
Moreover the Makkal Needhi Maiam chief ruled out an alliance with both the DMK and the ruling AIADMK in the elections, stating that both these parties needed to be isolated. Hence the actor also said that Dravidianism is not the ancestral property of Dravidian parties in the state but belonged to all. Further when speaking at the HT Leadership Summit earlier this month, Kamal had said, "Our membership drive is going well. Our party structure needs to be very strong. We have great people advising us, and our manifesto will be ready. We have adopted eight villages which we have started redeveloping”.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code