According to sources after seeking an interim relief from Cyclone Titli devastation Andhra CM Chandrababu Naidu has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, 48 hours after the CM oversaw relief and rescue measures and visited cyclone hit districts in North Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram.
Reports added in the letter Naidu sought the attention of the Prime Minister to how the Titli has impacted normal life and the height of devastation in the areas affected by the cyclone. Meanwhile he said in his message to the PM, "the cyclone Titli has devastated these districts (Srikakulam and Vizianagaram) and has left huge damage to properties, agriculture and horticulture crops, houses and infrastructure resulting in deep distress and misery to the people of these districts." Furthermore the state government has made a tentative estimation of the damage in all sectors, including agriculture, horticulture, electricity and irrigation and it has stated roughly 2800 crore rupees to be the estimated worth of the damages incurred.
Moreover Naidu informed PM Modi that he himself camped in the cyclone hit districts and oversaw relief measures and restoration operations. Further the APSDMA report claimed that 18 mandals in Srikakulam were affected. Mandasa, Polaki and Jalamuru mandals are still flooded. Accordingly AP government has announced Rs 5 lakhs compensation to each family which lost members in the cyclone.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam