In almost all cities of eastern India, Durga Pooja celebrations can be compared to that of a street carnival. Traffic literally comes to a standstill. Devotees spend the five days in pandal hopping; bringing home different types of idols, and visiting exuberant make shift temples with families and friends.
The atmosphere in towns or cities transforms is that of a long, extravagant carnival. Security is beefed up for the pooja and people have to walk long distances to reach their pandal. Houses and shops are all decked up with garlands made of marigold and mango leaves. On the day of visarjan, books, tools and pens are placed before the feet of Durga murti.
Vehicles are also decorated with flowers, symbolizing the good wishes of the Goddess. All this is done to seek blessings for the coming year and hence the last day of the Navaratri festival Vijayadashami is considered auspicious to start a new venture.
Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish Aurangabad sources stated that after ordering 'paneer' dishes from the restaurant discovery and food delivery platform, Zomato, an Aurangabad resident on Friday found fibre in his food. Sachin Jamdare said "I ordered paneer chilly, paneer masala, etc for my children. When we started eating, my daughter told me the paneer was very hard and her teeth hurt while chewing it. When I tasted it, I found fiber”.
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls