In almost all cities of eastern India, Durga Pooja celebrations can be compared to that of a street carnival. Traffic literally comes to a standstill. Devotees spend the five days in pandal hopping; bringing home different types of idols, and visiting exuberant make shift temples with families and friends.
The atmosphere in towns or cities transforms is that of a long, extravagant carnival. Security is beefed up for the pooja and people have to walk long distances to reach their pandal. Houses and shops are all decked up with garlands made of marigold and mango leaves. On the day of visarjan, books, tools and pens are placed before the feet of Durga murti.
Vehicles are also decorated with flowers, symbolizing the good wishes of the Goddess. All this is done to seek blessings for the coming year and hence the last day of the Navaratri festival Vijayadashami is considered auspicious to start a new venture.
Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli Jeff Goodwin has been India's Bus Driver since the 1999 Cricket World Cup. Indian Cricket Team is currently having a tough time as they tour England. After winning the T20 series, India lost the ODI series to England. Now, the longer format of the game with the white ball is all set to begin on August 1st.
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams