According to sources a district official said on Monday said Karnataka's City of Palaces has been decked up for the grand finale of the 10 day Dussehra fest on Friday, with lakhs expected to witness the victory parade. Mysuru's Additional Deputy Commissioner T. Yogesh told "The city has been seeing over lakh visitors since the Dussehra festival began on October 10, and more people are expected on the final day of the fest to watch the victory parade”.
Meanwhile the festival celebrates the triumph of good over evil and marks the slaying of legendary demon Mahishasura by Hindu Goddess Chamundeshwari. Accordingly the 10 day festival concludes with a spectacular victory parade of caparisoned elephants, horse drawn carriages, thousands of artists, cultural troupes and tableaux marching through the city. Furthermore in view of the thousands visiting the city, about 150 kilometers southwest off Bengaluru, the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has deployed additional buses to ferry people to the city.
KSRTC Spokesperson T.S. Latha told "At least 300 additional buses have been plying between Bengaluru and Mysuru to keep up with the demand”. Moreover the state has also introduced "Hop-on Hop-off" bus service in Mysuru and the passenger can buy a ticket for Rs 150 and visit festive spots in the city.
UP minister's tells people to burn politicians! Uttar Pradesh minister Omprakash Rajbhar's shocking statement asking people to burn politicians who separate Hindus and Muslims has turned out to be a burning topic and a big controversy. One of the prominent members of BJP alliance in Uttar Pradesh is Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj party and Rajbhar is the leader of the party, who always speaks in controversial manner.
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?