According to sources a district official said on Monday said Karnataka's City of Palaces has been decked up for the grand finale of the 10 day Dussehra fest on Friday, with lakhs expected to witness the victory parade. Mysuru's Additional Deputy Commissioner T. Yogesh told "The city has been seeing over lakh visitors since the Dussehra festival began on October 10, and more people are expected on the final day of the fest to watch the victory parade”.
Meanwhile the festival celebrates the triumph of good over evil and marks the slaying of legendary demon Mahishasura by Hindu Goddess Chamundeshwari. Accordingly the 10 day festival concludes with a spectacular victory parade of caparisoned elephants, horse drawn carriages, thousands of artists, cultural troupes and tableaux marching through the city. Furthermore in view of the thousands visiting the city, about 150 kilometers southwest off Bengaluru, the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has deployed additional buses to ferry people to the city.
KSRTC Spokesperson T.S. Latha told "At least 300 additional buses have been plying between Bengaluru and Mysuru to keep up with the demand”. Moreover the state has also introduced "Hop-on Hop-off" bus service in Mysuru and the passenger can buy a ticket for Rs 150 and visit festive spots in the city.
YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome According to sources exactly eighteen days after he was attacked on October 25, in the Visakhapatnam Airport lounge by a restaurant waiter, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy reached the same airport on Sunday evening to resume his mass contact initiative which was cut short after this heinous attack.
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!