Goddess Saraswati is worshiped to invoke the blessings of the deity, who is the Goddess of culture, music art and education. The significance of Saraswati Pooja is that it is a spring festival and it marks the beginning of spring. The yellow color forms an integral part of the festival. Yellow colored flowers are offered to the deity, such as Marigold. The food prepared are also yellow in color, such as kesariya bhaat or sweet saffron rice, kesariya ladoo or halwa or saffron pudding, khichdi or a mixture of yellow pulses with rice and so on.
Not only is this festival celebrated with a lot of zeal and fervor in the states of Orissa, Bihar and West Bengal, but in Punjab the Sikh community celebrates this festival with a lot of pomp in Gurdwara and the musicians perform basant raga. In many parts of Punjab, fairs are held on this day. Guru Gobind Singh was married on this day and hence it is celebrated by the Sikh community. This day is celebrated by flying kite in Firozpur.
The significance of Saraswati Pooja is that, Saraswati, being the Goddess of learning, on the day of Saraswati Pooja young children are made to write alphabets. This is a common practice in West Bengal and it is known as “Hathe khori”. It is a popular belief that if a young child writes in front of the Goddess, he would be blessed by the deity and will do very well in his education in future.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17