The Goddess of wisdom, Saraswati is clad in a white or shiuli flower dyed yellow or basanti colored saree. Rangoli or Indian pattern or decoration with ground rice and flowers forms an integral part of the Saraswati Pooja. The design of a fish is incorporated in the rangoli as it is considered to be auspicious. A low tool constructed out of wood and covered with a yellow cloth is used to place the idol facing towards the east direction.
It is the custom to cover the face of the idol until the priest starts to chant the mantras when the pooja begins. Eastern pot is used to hold green coconut wrapped in a red checked cloth made of cotton, called “gamocha.” Palash is a very important flower used for the worship of Goddess Saraswati, apart from marigold and rose. It is a common practice by students to pile up books, pens and writing material in front of the deity and seek her blessings on this propitious day.
Basanti or yellow is the color of the festival. Members of a family, where Saraswati Pooja is observed take bath early in the morning and get dressed in yellow apparels commencing the worship of the deity. This is an important Saraswati Pooja rituals observed during the worship of Goddess Saraswati.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach