Dussehra celebrations are on in full swing across the country. While the festivities may go by different names in different states, the fervor and enthusiasm remains the same. Goddess Durga is worshiped in West Bengal, whereas it is Devi Chamundeswari in Karnataka. Gujarat celebrates with the colorful Dandiya Raas and Golu dolls find a special place in homes across Tamilnadu.
The place to be in during Navaratri in Delhi is the Ramlila Maidan. The centuries old Kullu Dussehra is a major attraction in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The Dussehra celebrations at the Mutharamman Temple in Kulasekharapattinam, a coastal town in Tamilnadu, are popular but not so well known. It is located 20 km from Tiruchendur in Tuticorin district, this quaint village comes alive during the 10 day Dussehra festival.
Over 15 lakh devotees visit the temple every year. In Vijayadasami, the tenth day, the Devi assumes the magnificent form of Annai Parasakthi and at midnight the procession moves to the eastern shores of Kulasekharapatnam to witness the Samharam. Legend has it that on this day the Devi destroyed the all powerful Mahisasura, the man with a buffalo head, signifying the triumph of good over evil.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach