As per report said a police official on Monday adaptive signals will soon be installed across Bengaluru to ease traffic congestion by regulating vehicular movement at road inter-sections,. The new sensor based smart traffic signals were proposed in September, 2017 and the department had started the process of floating tenders then. Already some of the signals in the central business districts have this feature.
Bengaluru Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) R Hitendra told "Unlike manual and conventional system, adaptive signals will facilitate smooth traffic flow at road inter-sections or junctions in real time by allowing green or red signals to operate accordingly. As adaptive signals with cameras capture the traffic density and transmit the data to sensors, the signals will turn and remain green till the vehicles are cleared at the cross roads or traffic junctions”.
Notorious for grid locks and choc-o-bloc traffic on its main and parallel roads, India's tech hub has a whopping 70 lakh vehicles, including buses, cars, taxis, auto-rickshaws and two-wheelers to serve the commuting needs of over 1.10 crore people in the absence of an efficient and adequate public transport. Hitendra added “Efforts to have a signal free traffic movement in the city did not succeed due to many inter-sections and different speeds of the vehicles. "The company will take around 6 months to deploy the automatic signaling system”.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal