As per report said a police official on Monday adaptive signals will soon be installed across Bengaluru to ease traffic congestion by regulating vehicular movement at road inter-sections,. The new sensor based smart traffic signals were proposed in September, 2017 and the department had started the process of floating tenders then. Already some of the signals in the central business districts have this feature.
Bengaluru Additional Commissioner of Police (Traffic) R Hitendra told "Unlike manual and conventional system, adaptive signals will facilitate smooth traffic flow at road inter-sections or junctions in real time by allowing green or red signals to operate accordingly. As adaptive signals with cameras capture the traffic density and transmit the data to sensors, the signals will turn and remain green till the vehicles are cleared at the cross roads or traffic junctions”.
Notorious for grid locks and choc-o-bloc traffic on its main and parallel roads, India's tech hub has a whopping 70 lakh vehicles, including buses, cars, taxis, auto-rickshaws and two-wheelers to serve the commuting needs of over 1.10 crore people in the absence of an efficient and adequate public transport. Hitendra added “Efforts to have a signal free traffic movement in the city did not succeed due to many inter-sections and different speeds of the vehicles. "The company will take around 6 months to deploy the automatic signaling system”.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome