As per report with major e-commerce festive season sales coming to a close, the industry has generated sales of around Rs 15,000 crore ($2.3 billion), according to RedSeer Consulting’s estimates. Meanwhile this is a 64% growth over last year, where e-commerce companies clocked sales worth $1.4 billion.
Presently Amazon claims that over 70% of its EMI customers came from Tier 2 and below towns. Accordingly three out four customers who shopped using EMIs availed the benefit of No-cost EMIs across Credit, Debit, Bajaj Finserv cards and Amazon Pay EMIs. Moreover the biggest battle, however, was between Flipkart and Amazon, both claiming the sale to be their biggest ever. Flipkart claims that it saw a big shift in customers from Tier 3 and below cities. Close to 40% of customers for the Private Brands portfolio came from Tier 3 and below towns, and over 12% of them were new to Flipkart and e-commerce.
Moreover Amazon claims that more than 82% new customers coming to Amazon.in during this sale were from smaller towns and cities. With the launch of its Hindi website, new customers grew by 2.4X over a normal business day. One out of two shoppers during the Big Billion Days sale on Flipkart used affordable payment options such as EMIs and bank offers driving 60% of overall sales and enabling customers to upgrade products in categories like Mobile, TVs and laptops.
Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana? Hyderabad sources stated that with the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) strike entering the tenth day, the agitating workers had organized a 'Raasta Roko' (road blockage) protests in all districts across the state on Tuesday. Meanwhile the Joint Action Committee (JAC) president Ashwathama Reddy said that this was not some kind of ordinary strike, and it was meant for the ensuring that justice is delivered to RTC employees and the people of Telangana.
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike