As per report with major e-commerce festive season sales coming to a close, the industry has generated sales of around Rs 15,000 crore ($2.3 billion), according to RedSeer Consulting’s estimates. Meanwhile this is a 64% growth over last year, where e-commerce companies clocked sales worth $1.4 billion.
Presently Amazon claims that over 70% of its EMI customers came from Tier 2 and below towns. Accordingly three out four customers who shopped using EMIs availed the benefit of No-cost EMIs across Credit, Debit, Bajaj Finserv cards and Amazon Pay EMIs. Moreover the biggest battle, however, was between Flipkart and Amazon, both claiming the sale to be their biggest ever. Flipkart claims that it saw a big shift in customers from Tier 3 and below cities. Close to 40% of customers for the Private Brands portfolio came from Tier 3 and below towns, and over 12% of them were new to Flipkart and e-commerce.
Moreover Amazon claims that more than 82% new customers coming to Amazon.in during this sale were from smaller towns and cities. With the launch of its Hindi website, new customers grew by 2.4X over a normal business day. One out of two shoppers during the Big Billion Days sale on Flipkart used affordable payment options such as EMIs and bank offers driving 60% of overall sales and enabling customers to upgrade products in categories like Mobile, TVs and laptops.
Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI! The union government has removed special director of CBI Rakesh Asthana, just within a week of removal of his chief Alok Verma that was followed by his offering of fire services chief role and his subsequent resignation from police services.
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker