Hyderabad sources stated that CMD of TS Genco and Transco D Prabhakar Rao said the availability of power supply to southern states including the state of Telangana would be affected for the next three days. Meanwhile when speaking in a special Power Coordination Committee convened to assess the damage, he said that the department would try to avoid inconveniencing the general public by tapping power from hydel and thermal sources to the maximum extent for uninterrupted power supply in the state.
Furthermore he said that there won’t be any power cuts and asked the people to cooperate. Reports stated that Thalcher- Kolar, Angul- Srikakulam lines were totally destroyed due to cylcone Titli, because of which there is a shortfall of 3000 MWs of power to Telangana. Moreover power supply of close to 2500 MW has to be supplied from the Central power stations, but only 1500 MWs is being distributed. Presently the state of Chattisgarh is supplying only 350 MWs instead of the required 1000MWs.
Moreover the demand has increased to 40% and when compared to last year’s consumption of 7,538 MWs which has touched 10,600 MWs this month. Hence the electricity department officials have been told to be available round the clock to help customers in the coming three days.
Single use plastic be banned in TN from January 1, 2019 Accordingly Tamilnadu Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (TAPMA) has planned to hold a demonstration on Thursday, asking Tamilnadu government to withdraw its plastic ban that would take effect from January 1, 2019. Meanwhile TAPMA members allege that the government order is discriminatory in nature, which allows the use of plastics in many government sectors and large scale private sectors, while the same is banned for the public and small scale private sectors.
- Know the Most Searched personality in Google 2018
- People of Telangana & Hyderabad rejected politics of Cong & BJP: Owaisi
- 102 year old skydiver did it for helping many
- Internal conflicts arising in BJP?
- BJP twist in Madhya Pradesh!
- Rajinikanth delays politics due to BJP loss?
- Mizoram CM's Sensational first order!
- Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana?
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas