Sources from Rameshwaram stated that the entire coastal community of Tamilnadu was jolted by a verdict by a court in the Northern Sri Lanka, which earlier in the day imposed a hefty fine of 60 lakh on each of the eight fishermen from Thoothukudi, who were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy on August 18 last for straying into their territorial waters while fishing. Accordingly they had been lodged in Puthalam jail in Northern Sri Lanka since then.
Meanwhile tried at Kalpatti court under the new Sri Lankan Fisheries Law, the case’s verdict which came out on Tuesday, besides slamming the exceptionally high fine amount, also directed that the eight fishermen from Therasapuram area in Thoothukudi should serve a three month prison term, which lasts till January 14, 2019.
As per report the news sent shock waves among the fishing community here and prompted their representatives to urge the Indian government to file an appeal against the Sri Lankan court verdict and take steps to have all the eight fishermen released immediately. Meanwhile S. Emrit, president of the Rameswaram fishermen's association said the first batch of 481 mechanized boats, which put out to sea on Monday returned to the shore on Tuesday with a ‘not-for-loss catch’ on the first day on resumption of work.
New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys According to sources Indian IT major Infosys has received cabinet approval to develop, what is being called, the next generation income tax filing system, which will cut down the processing time for returns from 63 days to one day and expedite refunds. Meanwhile the integrated E-filing and Centralized Processing Centre 2.0 Project of the Income Tax Department will be developed by Infosys at a cost of Rs 4,241.97 crore.
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp