Sources from Kerala stated that the Women in Cinema Collective (WCC) has filed a writ petition in the Kerala High Court seeking the establishment of a grievance redressal mechanism against sexual harassment, in line with the Vishaka Guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court and the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
Meanwhile the petitioners are the WCC and its president cum actor Rima Kallingal, and the respondents are the state of Kerala, Special Secretary of Women and Child Development, and the Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA). As per report the petition says, “The failure of the 3rd Respondent (AMMA) to implement a grievance redressal mechanism for its members against sexual harassment at the workplace leaves its members helpless and without any adequate remedy against sexual harassment directed against them in the professional context. Meanwhile this omission of the 3rd Respondent Association is striking at a time when revelations of widespread sexual assault and harassment of women in film industries across the country have come out.”
Further it said “The 3rd Respondent Association’s omission violates the member’s fundamental rights under Articles 14, 15, 19 and 21 of the Constitution of India. Moreover the nature of the work undertaken by actor artistes is such that they have no alternatives to seek similar redressal".
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue