Sources from Kerala stated that the Women in Cinema Collective (WCC) has filed a writ petition in the Kerala High Court seeking the establishment of a grievance redressal mechanism against sexual harassment, in line with the Vishaka Guidelines laid down by the Supreme Court and the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
Meanwhile the petitioners are the WCC and its president cum actor Rima Kallingal, and the respondents are the state of Kerala, Special Secretary of Women and Child Development, and the Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes (AMMA). As per report the petition says, “The failure of the 3rd Respondent (AMMA) to implement a grievance redressal mechanism for its members against sexual harassment at the workplace leaves its members helpless and without any adequate remedy against sexual harassment directed against them in the professional context. Meanwhile this omission of the 3rd Respondent Association is striking at a time when revelations of widespread sexual assault and harassment of women in film industries across the country have come out.”
Further it said “The 3rd Respondent Association’s omission violates the member’s fundamental rights under Articles 14, 15, 19 and 21 of the Constitution of India. Moreover the nature of the work undertaken by actor artistes is such that they have no alternatives to seek similar redressal".
Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says New Delhi sources stated that after meeting P Chidamabaram at Tihar Jail, Congress lawmaker Karti Chidambaram on Tuesday said that his father is in good spirits and "procedural games" are being played against him for political theatrics. Karti told media "I came to meet my father as I am entitled to meet him twice a week. He is in good spirits and whatever these procedural games are being played are for political theatrics".
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case