According to sources with several posts and articles being circulated on social media about Banks remaining shut for three consecutive days in lieu of Dussehra and Diwali holidays, customers are in a state of panic when they come across headlines like Banks to remain shut this festive season, ATMS may run out of cash and Shortage of cash at bank ATMs due to holidays and these articles have pressed the panic button.
Furthermore this kind of news creates a kind of fear psychosis among people and send them rushing to the nearest ATMs to hoard cash. Hence this leads to a huge rush at the banks and ATMs, especially during the festive season and eventually the ATMs also run dry which confirms the worst fears triggered by such news items. Meanwhile banks do not shut down continuously for three consecutive days unless there is a holiday on a Friday, followed by a 2nd or 4th Saturday and a Sunday at one go.
Furthermore if a bank functions on a holiday, there cannot be any business hours on that day and there will be no financial transactions made during that day even though the Bank remains open. Moreover every 2nd and 4th Saturday is a holiday for all the banks as per the RBI Gazette notification made in the year 2015. Presently Reserve Bank of India (RBI) clarifies the position on the functioning of banks on a holiday declared under the Negotiable Instruments Act in the interest of public.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome