According to sources with several posts and articles being circulated on social media about Banks remaining shut for three consecutive days in lieu of Dussehra and Diwali holidays, customers are in a state of panic when they come across headlines like Banks to remain shut this festive season, ATMS may run out of cash and Shortage of cash at bank ATMs due to holidays and these articles have pressed the panic button.
Furthermore this kind of news creates a kind of fear psychosis among people and send them rushing to the nearest ATMs to hoard cash. Hence this leads to a huge rush at the banks and ATMs, especially during the festive season and eventually the ATMs also run dry which confirms the worst fears triggered by such news items. Meanwhile banks do not shut down continuously for three consecutive days unless there is a holiday on a Friday, followed by a 2nd or 4th Saturday and a Sunday at one go.
Furthermore if a bank functions on a holiday, there cannot be any business hours on that day and there will be no financial transactions made during that day even though the Bank remains open. Moreover every 2nd and 4th Saturday is a holiday for all the banks as per the RBI Gazette notification made in the year 2015. Presently Reserve Bank of India (RBI) clarifies the position on the functioning of banks on a holiday declared under the Negotiable Instruments Act in the interest of public.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal