According to sources in potentially controversial remarks that could provoke a backlash, Union Minister Pon Radhakrishnan has said the MeToo movement was started by "people with perverted minds" and wondered if it was fair to level accusations over incidents that happened years ago. Meanwhile the BJP leader made the comments in response to questions by reporters amid the raging MeToo storm which has demolished the carefully cultivated reputations of many distinguished personalities in the field of media and entertainment industry including celebrated journalist M J Akbar.
As per report Akbar, who edited many mainstream publications before joining politics, resigned as Union Minister of State for External Affairs on Wednesday after a host of his former women journalist colleagues accused him of sexual harassment. Accordingly if someone makes an allegation that such a thing happened when the incident happened we were playing together while in class 5 and would it be fair?”
Radhakrishnan, Union Minister of State for Shipping and Finance said "This (MeToo movement) is the result of the behavior of some people who have perverted minds”. Moreover several celebrities including actors Nana Patekar, Alok Nath, filmmaker Subhash Ghai, author Chetan Bhagat, singer Kailash Kher and Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu are among the few who have been called out by their alleged victims.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time