According to sources in potentially controversial remarks that could provoke a backlash, Union Minister Pon Radhakrishnan has said the MeToo movement was started by "people with perverted minds" and wondered if it was fair to level accusations over incidents that happened years ago. Meanwhile the BJP leader made the comments in response to questions by reporters amid the raging MeToo storm which has demolished the carefully cultivated reputations of many distinguished personalities in the field of media and entertainment industry including celebrated journalist M J Akbar.
As per report Akbar, who edited many mainstream publications before joining politics, resigned as Union Minister of State for External Affairs on Wednesday after a host of his former women journalist colleagues accused him of sexual harassment. Accordingly if someone makes an allegation that such a thing happened when the incident happened we were playing together while in class 5 and would it be fair?”
Radhakrishnan, Union Minister of State for Shipping and Finance said "This (MeToo movement) is the result of the behavior of some people who have perverted minds”. Moreover several celebrities including actors Nana Patekar, Alok Nath, filmmaker Subhash Ghai, author Chetan Bhagat, singer Kailash Kher and Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu are among the few who have been called out by their alleged victims.
UP minister's tells people to burn politicians! Uttar Pradesh minister Omprakash Rajbhar's shocking statement asking people to burn politicians who separate Hindus and Muslims has turned out to be a burning topic and a big controversy. One of the prominent members of BJP alliance in Uttar Pradesh is Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj party and Rajbhar is the leader of the party, who always speaks in controversial manner.
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?