Washington sources reported that according to a statement from Pacific Air Forces two US B-52 bombers flew near contested islands in the South China Sea and "participated in a routine training mission". Accordingly the two B-52H Stratofortress bombers, which are based in Guam, "participated in a routine training mission in the vicinity of the South China Sea" the statement said adding that the flight was part of US Indo-Pacific Command's "Continuous Bomber Presence operations" which have been ongoing since March 2004.
As per report the Pentagon would not confirm which islands the B-52s flew by, but recent tensions have focused on the Spratly Islands. Furthermore the US regularly flies aircraft in the South China Sea, but Beijing is particularly sensitive about the operations when they come near areas where the Chinese government has built islands and established military facilities on disputed maritime features. Meanwhile Pacific Air Forces said Tuesday's "mission is consistent with international law and US' long-standing commitment to a free and open Indo-Pacific".
Recently, a Chinese destroyer sailed within 45 yards of the USS Decatur, forcing the American warship to maneuver to avoid a collision while it was sailing near the disputed Spratly Islands. Moreover the US labeled the Chinese warship's actions unsafe and unprofessional while Beijing said the US was threatening the safety and sovereignty of China.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?