Presently Trump administration is gearing up to propose new laws in order to benefit US workers. Recently the Department of Homeland Security confirmed that the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) would propose new laws by Jan 2019 and the main target is to revise, redefine the 'specialty occupation' under H-1B. As per the reports, the US is likely to make necessary changes only to allow/permit the "best and most-efficient" foreign nationals to come to the US and work.
Accordingly the new changes are also expected to revise employment and the relations between employee and employer, in order to bring more focus on US workers and benefiting them in wages and providing "job security" i.e "protecting US workers". Meanwhile the new law would also lay down certain guidelines to firms about the payment to H-1B visa workers to ensure they are compensated "appropriately and adequately".
Furthermore this proposal is under the Unified Fall Agenda of the Trump administration and this is expected to
directly affect Indian tech giants in
the US, besides the contract based IT companies, most of them are owned by
Indian Americans. Moreover
the Department of
Homeland Security's announcement comes days after Trump said that he wanted
only "high-skilled" people to enter the US and repeatedly said only
"merit" should be the key factor.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach