Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana Chief Electoral Officer Rajat Kumar said Chief Election Commissioner Om Prakash Rawat and Election Commissioners Sunil Arora and Ashok Lavasa will be arriving here on Monday to review poll preparedness. Accordingly "The Chief Election Commissioner and two ECs are coming to Hyderabad today and it is a visit to the Commission. Meanwhile, they would review the preparedness for the polls. If there is anything that their attention is drawn then they will look into that also".
As per report this the is the first visit of the EC after the election schedule for the state was announced, to review the poll preparedness of the state. Furthermore, an official release had earlier said the top EC officials would meet various political parties, besides senior officials of the state government and the police department.
Moreover, the team would meet the Director General of the Income-tax Department and other senior officials before leaving for the national capital on October 24.
Further, the Election Commission (EC) had on October 6 announced the election schedule for five states, including Telangana, which will go to the polls on December 7. Hence the assembly polls in Telangana were originally scheduled to be held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha elections next year, but the Assembly was dissolved on September 6 as per a recommendation of the state cabinet.
Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing The mediation panel informed about one of the petitioner Sunni Waqf board seeking withdrawal of title suit, this move came after possible rift among members and FIR filed against its chairman. The Uttar Pradesh government is recommending to initiate a CBI inquiry against Sunni Waqf board chairman ZA Faruqi's alleged involvement in sale and purchase of land for board. He was provided security in view of threat to his life which he informed to Mediation committee, he allegedly change the advo
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?