New Delhi sources stated that the BJP on Saturday released its first list of 77 candidates for the Chhattisgarh Assembly polls after long deliberation at party's central election committee meeting. Accordingly, the party decided to field Chief Minister Raman Singh from the Rajnandgaon seat. Meanwhile, among the 77 candidates announced out of a total of 90 Assembly segments, 14 are women candidates and 14 sitting MLAs have been replaced with new names, Union Minister J. P. Nadda told reporters after the CEC meeting attended among others by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah.
Furthermore among those fielded by the BJP include former IAS officer O.P. Chaudhary and tribal leader Ramdayal
Uike, who recently left the Congress and joined the BJP. As per report Chaudhary, the former collector of Raipur has been fielded from Kharsia constituency while Uike will contest from Pali Tanakhar (ST) seat. Further besides, Chaudhary and Uike, the BJP named Ama Agarwal from Bilaspur, Brij Mohan Agrawal from Raipur city south and Chief Minister Raman Singh would contest from Rajnandgaon constituency seat. Nadda also said that BJP will also contest Mizoram Assembly elections on 13 seats.
Accordingly, the BJP also released the list of 38 candidates for the upcoming Telangana elections. Earlier the party has considered the aspirations of our dedicated workers in the Telangana region. Adequate representation has been given to representatives of all communities," Nadda said. Hence elections in Chhattisgarh is scheduled in two phases on November 12 and November 20, while the election in Mizoram and Telangana are scheduled on November 28 and December 7 and the counting of votes would take place on December 11.
Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28! The Patiala high court, Delhi has announced that the verdict on Lalu Prasad Yadav's bail plea in the IRCTC scam case will be pronounced on January 28. The former chief minister of Bihar and Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad Yadav had been the union railway minister earlier. He was then accused of being involved in a scam.
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!