Chennai sources stated that Butterfly Park at Arignar Anna Zoological Park, which was inaugurated on September 15, 2015, by the then Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, will again be open for public on October 21. Meanwhile, a press release issued by the zoo authority, “during the Cyclone Vardah in December 2016, the butterfly park and the indoor conservatory were heavily damaged, following which the repair of the structural damages of the indoor conservatory was taken up during 2017-18 in a phased manner.”
Furthermore stating that the butterfly park was closed for public view during the past two months to carry out the repair and improvement works, the officials in the release noted, “on completion of the works, the butterfly park will be opened for the public from October 21 and the park is spread across 2.7 hectares of area and in the recent survey it was recorded that more than 40 butterfly species can be sighted in the butterfly park.”
Reports added that the park has more than 200 species of host and nectar plants that attract more butterflies, which are purely seasonal, read the statement. Moreover, it may be noted that the zoo authority let around 1000 bird species into the zoo, adding much
colour to it.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy