Reports added that policewomen in Karnataka will no longer be seen wearing sarees and will instead wear standard khaki uniforms consisting of pants and shirts along with belt and boots. Accordingly, the decision was taken by Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG/IG) Neelamani N Raju in a recent meeting and the decision was taken to make it easier for policewomen to react faster in the event of a crime.
Earlier Neelamani Raju held discussions with senior police officers including women police personnel before an order was issued to this effect. Furthermore, in particular, the issue of catching chain-snatchers and managing large crowds was highlighted in the discussion held on September 3 with women police officials. Als,o the DG/IGP suggested that women will be comfortable and faster wearing standard shirt and pant uniform instead of sarees.
Meanwhile high ranking women officers wear shirts and pants, constables in the state still continue to wear khaki sarees. From now on, sarees will only be permitted on special occasions. Previously women officials got an option between Sarees and Chudidars on completion of five years in service. A senior police official told “Sarees were not compulsory but now it has been done away with". Earlier the Karnataka State Reserve Police had taken a similar decision to do away with saris and make trousers and shirts mandatory.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam