Reports added that policewomen in Karnataka will no longer be seen wearing sarees and will instead wear standard khaki uniforms consisting of pants and shirts along with belt and boots. Accordingly, the decision was taken by Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG/IG) Neelamani N Raju in a recent meeting and the decision was taken to make it easier for policewomen to react faster in the event of a crime.
Earlier Neelamani Raju held discussions with senior police officers including women police personnel before an order was issued to this effect. Furthermore, in particular, the issue of catching chain-snatchers and managing large crowds was highlighted in the discussion held on September 3 with women police officials. Als,o the DG/IGP suggested that women will be comfortable and faster wearing standard shirt and pant uniform instead of sarees.
Meanwhile high ranking women officers wear shirts and pants, constables in the state still continue to wear khaki sarees. From now on, sarees will only be permitted on special occasions. Previously women officials got an option between Sarees and Chudidars on completion of five years in service. A senior police official told “Sarees were not compulsory but now it has been done away with". Earlier the Karnataka State Reserve Police had taken a similar decision to do away with saris and make trousers and shirts mandatory.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations