Hyderabad sources stated that to encourage a spirit of adventure among young soldiers and to spread awareness about ocean pollution, the Army has undertaken a wind sailing expedition ‘Round the Indian Peninsula’ from Haldia in west Bengal on the east coast to Porbandar in Gujarat on the west coast. Meanwhile the expedition is being organized by EME Sailing Association, MCEME of Secunderabd under the aegis of the Army Adventure Wing.
Accordingly the team lead by Major Alok Kumar Yadav will complete the expedition in about 45 days. Furthermore the EME Sailing Association has undertaken off-shore expeditions earlier, but of a much smaller scale using the Sea Bird class of boats. Hence the current expedition being more challenging has been undertaken, for the first time, in an ocean going Bavaria Class 44-ft sail yacht. Hence the team will be calling at all major ports along the Indian coast line including Visakhapatnam, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Mangalore, Goa and Mumbai before reaching Porbandar.
Moreover the team has also tied up with various NGOs to achieve the secondary aim of collecting data about marine life conservation and oceanic pollution and also the expedition was conceived about two years ago as a precursor to bigger expeditions like circumnavigation of the globe. Hence the training included classes on navigation, marine communication, radio telephony, passage planning, knots and hitches, tides and currents, medicine and first aid.
Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations Reportedly Reliance Jio has alleged incumbents, including state-run BSNL, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea, have fraudulently masquerading wireline numbers as mobile numbers for receiving terminating charges as mobile numbers and not paying relevant charges in wilful and blatant violation of existing laws.
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days