Indiaherald Group of Publishers P LIMITED

close save
crop image
Fri, Jan 18, 2019 | Last Updated 7:09 pm IST

Menu &Sections


Flipkart captures market share of 51%, followed by Amazon at 32%

Flipkart captures market share of 51%, followed by Amazon at 32%
Flipkart captures market share of 51%, followed by Amazon at 32%

Chennai sources added that of the USD 2.3 billion gross merchandise value (GMV) garnered during the five day online festive season sales, Flipkart cornered a higher market share of 51% followed by Amazon at 32%. Meanwhile as per the study done by RedSeer Consulting on the sales, both Flipkart and Amazon together took away a large slice of the market pie as big as 83%. Furthermore of the USD 2.3 billion or Rs 15,000 crore GMV, Flipkart grabbed Rs 7,650 crore, while Amazon made transactions worth Rs 4,800 crore.

Hence the remaining 17% or Rs 2,550 crore went into the kitty of Snapdeal, ShopClues, Paytm Mall, Myntra, Jabong and a long tail of smaller e-commerce companies. Further Flipkart did not respond to Financial Chronicle’s query on whether they subscribed to the market share data brought out by RedSeer. Accordingly Amazon said it cannot comment on speculative reports that lack robust and credible methodology.

Flipkart captures market share of 51%, followed by Amazon at 32%

Earlier Amazon had also disapproved Flipkart’s claim of grabbing 70% share of the online festive season sales. It had interviewed an impaneled group of experts across the ecosystem, taken inputs from supply chain experts on estimates of shipments, bank and wallet experts on digital transactions, brands on their performance and share and category experts who were able to provide inputs on performance of different categories.

Flipkart captures market share of 51%, followed by Amazon at 32%
5/ 5 - (1 votes)
Add To Favourite
More from author
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
Viswasam receives police appreciation!
Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
Dhoni's unexpected anger on field!
Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
About the author

Bharath has been the knowledge focal point for the world, As Darvin evolution formula End is the Start ... Bharath again will be the Knowledge Focal Point to the whole world. Want to hold the lamp and shine light on the path of greatness for our country Bharath.