Chennai sources added that of the USD 2.3 billion gross merchandise value (GMV) garnered during the five day online festive season sales, Flipkart cornered a higher market share of 51% followed by Amazon at 32%. Meanwhile as per the study done by RedSeer Consulting on the sales, both Flipkart and Amazon together took away a large slice of the market pie as big as 83%. Furthermore of the USD 2.3 billion or Rs 15,000 crore GMV, Flipkart grabbed Rs 7,650 crore, while Amazon made transactions worth Rs 4,800 crore.
Hence the remaining 17% or Rs 2,550 crore went into the kitty of Snapdeal, ShopClues, Paytm Mall, Myntra, Jabong and a long tail of smaller e-commerce companies. Further Flipkart did not respond to Financial Chronicle’s query on whether they subscribed to the market share data brought out by RedSeer. Accordingly Amazon said it cannot comment on speculative reports that lack robust and credible methodology.
Earlier Amazon had also disapproved Flipkart’s claim of grabbing 70% share of the online festive season sales. It had interviewed an impaneled group of experts across the ecosystem, taken inputs from supply chain experts on estimates of shipments, bank and wallet experts on digital transactions, brands on their performance and share and category experts who were able to provide inputs on performance of different categories.
Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations Reportedly after launching an offensive against the Congress, Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused it of internationalizing the Kashmir issue and reiterated that it is an internal matter. When addressing a poll rally ahead of assembly elections on October 21, the BJP leader brought up a meeting between Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn with representatives
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17