According to sources early in September, the Karnataka government had decided to stop the online sale of liquor. Meanwhile the government had also issued notices to popular concierge app Dunzo, after which home delivery of alcohol was stopped and the state government seems to be making a U-turn and is now mulling allowing online sale of alcohol.
Furthermore when speaking to TNM, Rajendra Prasad, Additional Commissioner of Excise (Indian Made Liquor) said that CM HD Kumaraswamy is said to meet with the representatives of the Federation of Wine Merchants Association, Karnataka, soon. He added "The Excise Department has formulated a proposal to allow the sale of liquor online and this was sent to the Finance Department for approval. Further the CM will hold talks with the Wine Merchants' Association because they are opposing this proposal”.
Meanwhile a source in the Excise Department said, "We are planning to levy a certain percent of excise duty for online liquor sale. But there is some opposition from owners of retail outlets which sell alcohol.” Accordingly Govindraj Hegde, President of the Federation of Wine Merchants Association, Karnataka, termed the state government's proposal as "dangerous on many levels" and says that the association strongly opposes such a proposal.
Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish Aurangabad sources stated that after ordering 'paneer' dishes from the restaurant discovery and food delivery platform, Zomato, an Aurangabad resident on Friday found fibre in his food. Sachin Jamdare said "I ordered paneer chilly, paneer masala, etc for my children. When we started eating, my daughter told me the paneer was very hard and her teeth hurt while chewing it. When I tasted it, I found fiber”.
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls