According to sources early in September, the Karnataka government had decided to stop the online sale of liquor. Meanwhile the government had also issued notices to popular concierge app Dunzo, after which home delivery of alcohol was stopped and the state government seems to be making a U-turn and is now mulling allowing online sale of alcohol.
Furthermore when speaking to TNM, Rajendra Prasad, Additional Commissioner of Excise (Indian Made Liquor) said that CM HD Kumaraswamy is said to meet with the representatives of the Federation of Wine Merchants Association, Karnataka, soon. He added "The Excise Department has formulated a proposal to allow the sale of liquor online and this was sent to the Finance Department for approval. Further the CM will hold talks with the Wine Merchants' Association because they are opposing this proposal”.
Meanwhile a source in the Excise Department said, "We are planning to levy a certain percent of excise duty for online liquor sale. But there is some opposition from owners of retail outlets which sell alcohol.” Accordingly Govindraj Hegde, President of the Federation of Wine Merchants Association, Karnataka, termed the state government's proposal as "dangerous on many levels" and says that the association strongly opposes such a proposal.
Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age? Washington sources reported that in an echo of his campaign rhetoric, President Donald Trump is back to portraying himself as the Paul Revere of the terrorism age the one who told the country Osama bin Laden was coming and there was less to his foreshadowing than he states. Trump’s tweet about bin Laden on Monday has some truth to it “He pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple