The very common and generally accepted view is because we burns Deep (lamps) and some extra lighting. Diwali is significantly comes at the end of Aaso month (last month according to Indian calendar) which means at the end of year, which also means beginning of New Year. So it is like day set and sun rise, similarly year ends and we welcome New Year with lights.
According to Hinduism, Shree Ram came along with Sita and Laxman after 14 years of Vanvas and Ayodhya along with whole country got their real king back, i.e. like a real light of Country came back. According to Jainism, It is a day of Nirvana of Lord Mahaveer. So lord Mahaveer considered as light of Yug and after his Nirvan, there was darkness got splash on earth. To remove that darkness, people brighten up lamps and celebrated next day as new beginning.
Other view can be like, India is farming country and Diwali is showing end of Rainy season and start of winter, which means whatever efforts farmers have made during monsoon, now the time have arrived to get return of that.
India gets started on a rail link between Raxaul in Bihar to the Nepalese capital New Delhi sources stated that when Xi Jinping flew from Chennai to Kathmandu on Saturday, he became the first Chinese President to visit Nepal in 23 years. Earlier on Sunday, he rounded up the trip by signing as many as 20 agreements with Nepalese Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli, including the building
- Air India says issues regarding aviation fuel payments would be resolved early
- Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach