Accordingly Rahman's reaction was probably in response to several allegations made by female singers from the Tamil Film Industry who opened up about their harrowing experiences with National Award winning lyricist Vairamuthu. Meanwhile the MeToo started with singer Chinmayee Sripada who sharing her bitter experiences with lyricist Vairamuthu on how he harassed her and pressurized her and she also said that she didn't relent.
Furthermore this caused uproar in Kollywood and following her allegations, several established and wannabe singers narrated similar experiences. Further they stated how the lyricist (who also runs a girls hostel) harassed them. As per report the controversy has evoked mixed response from the Tamil Film Industry as he is a writer of repute. Accordingly some say that it should first be proved and why hadn't the singers reacted then when it happened and Kamal Hassan said that only those involved in the issue should speak up.
Earlier Vairamuthu released a video in which he said that he had consulted legal experts and got enough evidence to prove that these accusations were false following which Chinmayi dared him to take the lie detector test to prove that he was not guilty.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam