Accordingly Rahman's reaction was probably in response to several allegations made by female singers from the Tamil Film Industry who opened up about their harrowing experiences with National Award winning lyricist Vairamuthu. Meanwhile the MeToo started with singer Chinmayee Sripada who sharing her bitter experiences with lyricist Vairamuthu on how he harassed her and pressurized her and she also said that she didn't relent.
Furthermore this caused uproar in Kollywood and following her allegations, several established and wannabe singers narrated similar experiences. Further they stated how the lyricist (who also runs a girls hostel) harassed them. As per report the controversy has evoked mixed response from the Tamil Film Industry as he is a writer of repute. Accordingly some say that it should first be proved and why hadn't the singers reacted then when it happened and Kamal Hassan said that only those involved in the issue should speak up.
Earlier Vairamuthu released a video in which he said that he had consulted legal experts and got enough evidence to prove that these accusations were false following which Chinmayi dared him to take the lie detector test to prove that he was not guilty.
Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi or for that matter, any Telugu Film Industry Biggie met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP