As per report a new statue of former Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha has been brought from Andhra Pradesh to replace the one at AIADMK state headquarters that had attracted criticism as it did not seem to resemble her. Meanwhile in a State well-known for its statue politics, this is one story on statuary with a happy ending.
Accordingly the new bronze statue brought to the party headquarters at Royapettah on Tuesday, is eight feet tall and weighs about 800 kg. Furthermore this will take the place of the statue that had been done soon after her death but did not satisfy the party members as Jayalalitha's facial features had not been captured well by the sculptor. As per report a life size statue of former AIADMK supreme had been unveiled in front of the party headquarters on February 24 to commemorate her 70th birth anniversary.
Earlier the statue was erected next to that of the AIADMK founder and late Chief Minister M. G. Ramachandran, following instructions from Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami. Furthermore a stung sculptor agreed to replace it free of cost. He might not have had a choice as there were unkind comments on the social media too that the statue appeared to resemble the jailed leader Sasikala more than the former CM Jaya. Moreover in the face of severe criticism, State Fisheries Minister D. Jayakumar had promised that changes would be made to the statue after consulting party seniors.
Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it! Former Indian swashbuckling opening batsman Virender Sehwag has challenged that though Indian Skipper, run machine Virat Kohli has been making new records and breaking existing records, smashing most of the records of Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, he won't be able to overcome several records. Kolhi has been on a rampage as he has been breaking records one after the other with every match and he is literally unstoppable.
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?