As per report a new statue of former Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha has been brought from Andhra Pradesh to replace the one at AIADMK state headquarters that had attracted criticism as it did not seem to resemble her. Meanwhile in a State well-known for its statue politics, this is one story on statuary with a happy ending.
Accordingly the new bronze statue brought to the party headquarters at Royapettah on Tuesday, is eight feet tall and weighs about 800 kg. Furthermore this will take the place of the statue that had been done soon after her death but did not satisfy the party members as Jayalalitha's facial features had not been captured well by the sculptor. As per report a life size statue of former AIADMK supreme had been unveiled in front of the party headquarters on February 24 to commemorate her 70th birth anniversary.
Earlier the statue was erected next to that of the AIADMK founder and late Chief Minister M. G. Ramachandran, following instructions from Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami. Furthermore a stung sculptor agreed to replace it free of cost. He might not have had a choice as there were unkind comments on the social media too that the statue appeared to resemble the jailed leader Sasikala more than the former CM Jaya. Moreover in the face of severe criticism, State Fisheries Minister D. Jayakumar had promised that changes would be made to the statue after consulting party seniors.
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370