New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the Seoul Peace Prize for 2018 for his contribution to international cooperation and fostering global economic growth. Meanwhile the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement on Wednesday that PM Modi expressed his gratitude for the prestigious honor and in the light of India's deepening partnership with the Republic of Korea, he has accepted the award.
Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted "The world acknowledges. PM Narendra Modi awarded prestigious Seoul Peace Prize 2018 for contribution to high economic growth in India and world through 'Modinomics', contribution to world peace, improving human development and furthering democracy in India".
Furthermore the ministry said the award will be presented to PM Modi by the Seoul Peace Prize Foundation at a mutually convenient time. Moreover the award was established to crystallize Korean people's yearning for peace on the Korean peninsula and in the rest of the world. The Ministry of External Affairs said “While conferring the award on PM Modi, the award committee recognized his contribution to the growth of Indian and global economies, crediting 'Modinomics' for reducing social and economic disparity between the rich and the poor”.
Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing The mediation panel informed about one of the petitioner Sunni Waqf board seeking withdrawal of title suit, this move came after possible rift among members and FIR filed against its chairman. The Uttar Pradesh government is recommending to initiate a CBI inquiry against Sunni Waqf board chairman ZA Faruqi's alleged involvement in sale and purchase of land for board. He was provided security in view of threat to his life which he informed to Mediation committee, he allegedly change the advo
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?