New Delhi sources stated that a Law Ministry notification said five High Courts in the country got new chief justices on Wednesday. Accordingly the appointments were made in courts in Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Calcutta, Gauhati and Bombay. Meanwhile Justice Ramesh Rangnath, a judge of the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana High Court has been appointed chief justice of the Uttarakhand HC.
As per report Justice K M Joseph, who was heading the Nainital based HC was elevated to the Supreme Court in August. Meanwhile Justice Vijai Kumar Bist, a judge of the Uttarakhand HC, has been elevated as chief justice of the Sikkim HC. Justice Ajjikuttira Somaiah Bopanna, a judge of the Karnataka High Court has been sent to the Gauhati HC as chief justice.
Furthermore it was stated that Justice Debasis Kar Gupta, a judge of the Calcutta HC, has been elevated as chief justice in the same court. Moreover Justice Naresh Harishchandra Patil, a judge of the Bombay HC, has been elevated as its chief justice. With the fresh appointments, all the 24 high courts in the country have full time chief justices.
TASMAC surpasses Petta! TASMAC sales have reached an all time blockbuster collections going past the magical 500 crores during the festive season of three day Pongal holidays. Compared to last year, the sales have increased by about 10 percent. There are about 5000 TASMAC outlets in TN and they are the major sources of income of the TN govt.
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers
- Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!