New Delhi sources stated that a Law Ministry notification said five High Courts in the country got new chief justices on Wednesday. Accordingly the appointments were made in courts in Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Calcutta, Gauhati and Bombay. Meanwhile Justice Ramesh Rangnath, a judge of the Andhra Pradesh and Telangana High Court has been appointed chief justice of the Uttarakhand HC.
As per report Justice K M Joseph, who was heading the Nainital based HC was elevated to the Supreme Court in August. Meanwhile Justice Vijai Kumar Bist, a judge of the Uttarakhand HC, has been elevated as chief justice of the Sikkim HC. Justice Ajjikuttira Somaiah Bopanna, a judge of the Karnataka High Court has been sent to the Gauhati HC as chief justice.
Furthermore it was stated that Justice Debasis Kar Gupta, a judge of the Calcutta HC, has been elevated as chief justice in the same court. Moreover Justice Naresh Harishchandra Patil, a judge of the Bombay HC, has been elevated as its chief justice. With the fresh appointments, all the 24 high courts in the country have full time chief justices.
Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana? Hyderabad sources stated that with the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) strike entering the tenth day, the agitating workers had organized a 'Raasta Roko' (road blockage) protests in all districts across the state on Tuesday. Meanwhile the Joint Action Committee (JAC) president Ashwathama Reddy said that this was not some kind of ordinary strike, and it was meant for the ensuring that justice is delivered to RTC employees and the people of Telangana.
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike