Chennai sources stated that Justice M Sathyanarayanan of the Madras High Court upheld the Tamilnadu speaker’s decision to disqualify the 18 AIADMK MLAs in September last year. Accordingly the move provided relief to the Tamilnadu government led by Chief Minister E Palanisamy while it was a major setback for TTV Dhinakaran. TTV Dhinakaran told the media after the court's verdict "It is not a setback for us and this is an experience, we will face the situation. Future course of action will be decided after meeting with the 18 MLAs".
Dhinakaran added, insisting that the court order would not impact his ranks "If by-elections are held, we will win”. Moreover he admitted, without ruling out moving to the Supreme Court to challenge the Madras High Court's verdict "We were expecting a positive outcome".
Moreover the meeting between the 18 MLAs with the then Governor Vidyasagar Rao on August 22, 2017 prompted the Speaker to take the decision, as they gave identical letters to the governor 'withdrawing their support' to the chief minister. Further the Madras High Court cancelled their disqualification, the Tamilnadu government led by Palanisamy would have lost its majority in the state assembly even though the 18 lawmakers would also lose their seats. Moreover the high court had given a split verdict in June, after which the Supreme Court had appointed a third judge, Justice Sathyanarayana, to give his orders.
Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple Chennai sources made a statement that Tamilnadu created many spiritual leaders including those from Jains to serve the people. Meanwhile this was also the objective of the late chief minister J. Jayalalitha, who had taken a political path. Accordingly Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniswami said in Acharya Shree Mahashraman Chaturmas Pravas Vyavastha Samiti held in the city, on Saturday. “Jain saints and late Chief Minister J. Jayalalitha converge on same ideals”.
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities