Chennai sources stated that Justice M Sathyanarayanan of the Madras High Court upheld the Tamilnadu speaker’s decision to disqualify the 18 AIADMK MLAs in September last year. Accordingly the move provided relief to the Tamilnadu government led by Chief Minister E Palanisamy while it was a major setback for TTV Dhinakaran. TTV Dhinakaran told the media after the court's verdict "It is not a setback for us and this is an experience, we will face the situation. Future course of action will be decided after meeting with the 18 MLAs".
Dhinakaran added, insisting that the court order would not impact his ranks "If by-elections are held, we will win”. Moreover he admitted, without ruling out moving to the Supreme Court to challenge the Madras High Court's verdict "We were expecting a positive outcome".
Moreover the meeting between the 18 MLAs with the then Governor Vidyasagar Rao on August 22, 2017 prompted the Speaker to take the decision, as they gave identical letters to the governor 'withdrawing their support' to the chief minister. Further the Madras High Court cancelled their disqualification, the Tamilnadu government led by Palanisamy would have lost its majority in the state assembly even though the 18 lawmakers would also lose their seats. Moreover the high court had given a split verdict in June, after which the Supreme Court had appointed a third judge, Justice Sathyanarayana, to give his orders.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?