Pandya Kingdom refers to the Pandyas of the Mahabharata period. This kingdom was the precursor of the Pandyan Empire that rubbed shoulders with the Cheras and Cholas. The Karna Parva is entirely dedicated to the exploits of a Pandyan king called Malayadhwaja, who was a fearsome warrior, took on Ashvatthama and fought on the side of the Pandavas. He was slain by Ashwatthama.
A Pandya king was also present in the Swayamvara of Draupadi. There are numerous Draupadi shirnes in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Yudhisthira describes how Krishna broke the gates of Pandyan King and defeated him. Ancient Tamil literature claims that Chitrangada, the wife of Arjuna was a Pandyan princess. In Tamil sources she is the princess of Manalur.
A Chera King(King of Udipi) had the honor of feeding both the armies of the epic battle of Mahabharata. He used to liaise with both the warring groups, such was the respect he commanded and so was his state’s prosperity.
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall