Halwa is one of the few Diwali sweets which are not originated from India. But the way it is prepared in India, makes it an Indian Sweet. In India, Halwa is prepared in at least 10 different styles, using different ingredients. Badam Halwa is mostly prepared during Diwali which makes it a Diwali sweet.
Karanji, known in Marathi is a popular Diwali sweet among Maharashtrians. It is a deep fried sweet snack made from all purpose flour and is stuffed with coconut, nuts and sugar mixture. On the occasion of Diwali people all over the country prepare best dishes at their home. There are so many varieties of Diwali dishes. However, sweet and scrumptious Karanji is the special dish that does not have a substitute on Diwali. Karanji, also known as Gujiya is a dish that is famous all over the India.
Boondi is a Rajasthani snack food made from sweetened, fried chickpea flour. Being very sweet, it can only be stored for a week or so. Due to the need for preserving food in arid regions of Rajasthan, boondi laddu are preferred. There is also a savory version, called Khara or Tikha. To make boondi laddu, fried boondi is dipped in sugar syrup.
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi