In the controversial and most expected 18 MLA disqualification case, the high court third justice Sathyanarayanan pronounced his verdict yesterday. He had upheld the verdict given by the two earlier judges saying that the 18 MLAs disqualification was valid. According to the verdict pronounced by Satyanarayana yesterday, the action taken by speaker Dhanapal was legal, and the disqualification of 18 MLAs was right.
Hence, the constituencies of the 18 MLAs need to have a by-election to fill the vacant seats said the justice. With this verdict, the only issue that was stopping the by-election for the 18 constituencies has been thwarted. 19 MLAs had appealed to the governor that they had no belief on Edappadi Palanisamy, and these MLAs were supporters of TTV Dinakaran.
Of these Jakkaiyan alone had given an explanation to Speaker, and then he had disqualified the remaining 18. Following this, a case was filed, and today the final verdict was given.
Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh In an innovative move by EC today issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter of the day in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Bypolls for assembly elections are undergoing in the state. Election commission of India initiated a novel way to encourage the voters to exercise their franchise enthusiastically, they issued a certificate of appreciation to first voter in Manikpur polling booth in Chitrakoot district of Madhya Pradesh. Uma Shankar was the first voter in the morn
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- Opposition leaders step out to vote
- 5.79% Voter Turnout Till 10am in Maharashtra
- Haryana CM came to Polling Booth by BICYCLE
- Voting in Maharashtra & Other States in full swing
- Leading Personalities franchising their Votes
- By-Polls Polling begins in Maharashtra & Haryana
- TSRTC JAC announced Huge Public Meeting on October 30
- Decision on the status of Pakistan be taken by FATF in February 2020
- IMD predicts Heavy rain in Coastal AP
- First of the ten metro trains proposed for Chennai phase I extension reached