Accordingly the Smartphone maker Lava is a small player in booming mobile communications industry, but it has become a poster child for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ambitious effort to make the country a global hub for electronics manufacturing. Meanwhile just a few years ago, Lava imported cheap phones from China. Presently it builds its own devices at two factories on the outskirts of New Delhi that employ about 3,500 people, and expansion plans are in the works.
As per report Modi's vow to create tens of millions of new jobs has stuttered on many fronts, but domestic smart phone production has emerged as a bright spot for Asia's third largest economy. Meanwhile along with local firms such as Lava, global smart phone giants including Samsung, Oppo and Xiaomi are expanding rapidly, and starting to bring along components suppliers while driving contract manufacturers like Foxconn to ramp up.
Furthermore more than 120 new manufacturing units have created about 450,000 jobs in the mobile phone industry over the past four years, according to the Indian Cellular and Electronics Association, thanks largely to the 'Make In India' campaign and a phased plan featuring stiff duties on imported devices and parts. Vikas Agarwal, the India head of Chinese smart phone maker OnePlus, told "India has an opportunity to become a major player in the global supply chain because we have a very strong domestic economy”.
Why Mudragada is silent now? Mudragada Padmanabham who fights relentlessly for Kapu Reservations since last 5 years has become silent in current scenario. He gave lot of troubles to CBN by doing the agitation on Kapu Reservations.
- Govt wants a suitable buyer for Air India
- TTD Chairman planned to serve people by spending money from his pocket
- VMRDA new Chairman thanked CM Jagan
- Importance of filing Income tax, Filing Last date July 31
- Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP?
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala