Accordingly the Smartphone maker Lava is a small player in booming mobile communications industry, but it has become a poster child for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ambitious effort to make the country a global hub for electronics manufacturing. Meanwhile just a few years ago, Lava imported cheap phones from China. Presently it builds its own devices at two factories on the outskirts of New Delhi that employ about 3,500 people, and expansion plans are in the works.
As per report Modi's vow to create tens of millions of new jobs has stuttered on many fronts, but domestic smart phone production has emerged as a bright spot for Asia's third largest economy. Meanwhile along with local firms such as Lava, global smart phone giants including Samsung, Oppo and Xiaomi are expanding rapidly, and starting to bring along components suppliers while driving contract manufacturers like Foxconn to ramp up.
Furthermore more than 120 new manufacturing units have created about 450,000 jobs in the mobile phone industry over the past four years, according to the Indian Cellular and Electronics Association, thanks largely to the 'Make In India' campaign and a phased plan featuring stiff duties on imported devices and parts. Vikas Agarwal, the India head of Chinese smart phone maker OnePlus, told "India has an opportunity to become a major player in the global supply chain because we have a very strong domestic economy”.
UP minister's tells people to burn politicians! Uttar Pradesh minister Omprakash Rajbhar's shocking statement asking people to burn politicians who separate Hindus and Muslims has turned out to be a burning topic and a big controversy. One of the prominent members of BJP alliance in Uttar Pradesh is Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj party and Rajbhar is the leader of the party, who always speaks in controversial manner.
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal
- Modi calls DMK as the biggest enemy!
- Terrorists killed in early morning encounter!
- Dinakaran Vs Anbazhagan catches fire!
- Tehelka editor reveals shocker!
- Ivanka Trump, Nikki Haley for US candidates to World Bank President's Post
- Why TDP & Congress not going together in the elections?